Saab - Koenigsegg ateities teorija. Sakyčiau gana įdomi.
This approach appears to indicate that Koenigsegg apparently wishes to raise profile by:
1. Becoming 'the' prominent player of advanced engineering applied to volume production.
2. Use its core competencies as the catalyst of metamorphosis at SAAB
3. Use SAAB to access off-the-shelf, lower cost front-engined architectures (Epsilon 2 to broaden own product range - (vs Merc CLS, Maserati Quattroporte, Porsche Panamera, Aston Martin Rapide, Tesla Bluestar/Whitestar, Fisker[Quantum] Karma) -and use Delta platform for smaller footprint vehicles.
4. The creation of a fully fledged Engineering Consulting division for external client work
5. Providing opportunity for Koenigsegg to access Opel-Magna given technical origins
6. The opportunity for Koenigsegg's eco-developed GM-SAAB platforms to be offered for contract manufacturing purposes to 3rd party '21C' car companies that focus on brand and outsource all manufacturing and build.
To critically take-control of product planning and implementation using adapted Epsilon2 platform (9-5), adapted Delta platform (9-3), thus able to focus on high-value systems improvement (eg powertrain, drivetrain, chassis, electrical) since low-value capital intensive BIW (Body) system already in place.
The marriage of small and large operations that are respectively advanced and conventional offers a new spectrum of possibilities:
1. The opportunity to leverage a supercar name for SAAB via cross-over branding ties.
2. Thus create a new premium/performance division for SAAB similar to Mercedes AMG, BMW M-Sport, FIAT Abarth et al
3. Possible 3 tier product orientations of: Base > Viggen (sport) / Griffen (lux) > Koenigsegg
4. This would theoretically enable stretch beyond the current credibility constrained price ladder so reaching into BMW, Audi and Merc buyer territory.
1. To gain greater cross-range aesthetic cohesion which has been lost.
2. Presently the SAAB styling cue palette is overlayed onto less than optimal body dimensions, proportions and forms).
3. Maximise the opportunity to regain the conceptual purity of Sixten Sason's design language sympathetic to aero and modernist functionality.
4. (As re-layed by the reference-point created by the 'Aero X' concept).
5. 'this will be a prime element of SAAB's rebound and so the upcoming vehicles (9-5, 9-3, 9-4X etc) together espouse a 'clean cohesiveness'.
VOLVO 850 2.0 MY95
ex. SAAB 9000 CD 2.0t MY88